Municipal Court procedures during COVID-19 pandemic
- Face masks are recommended for anyone who is not vaccinated.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, DO NOT ENTER the building. Call the Court Clerk, (913) 592-3664, to request a continuance.
- Court attendees will enter through the south door of the Civic Center (main entrance) where they will check in for court.
- Civic Center open to Court business only 8 a.m. to noon on first and third Tuesday of each month. Building reopens for regular business noon to 5 p.m.
- Maintain six feet distancing practices inside and outside the building and in the courtroom.
- Court admittance is limited to defendants, attorneys and one parent or guardian of a minor who is appearing in court.
- If applicable, pay fine at customer service window.
- Exit through the double doors at the north end of the building near the customer service window.
- June 14 Court Docket: 8:30 a.m., 9 a.m.
The Spring Hill Municipal Court handles cases of alleged violations of City ordinances committed within the city limits. The cases usually involved traffic and other minor offenses. The judge hears the cases without a jury.
A person charged with an offense in municipal court may be represented by a lawyer. If the defendant is unable to afford an attorney and there is a possible jail penalty, the court will appoint an attorney for the defendant.
Court is 8:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Spring Hill Civic Center, 401 N. Madison St., Spring Hill, KS 66083.
Paying Your Citation
Some citations can be paid before your court date at City Hall. The City of Spring Hill accepts cash, check, money order, cashier's check, and most major credit/debit cards.
If you do not pay your citation before your court date, you must come to court. During court dockets, staff are unavailable to answer phone calls about citations and other court matters.
If you did not request a continuance before your court date and do not appear in court, a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
Court Guidelines and Administrative Orders
When appearing for court, please follow these guidelines:
- Arrive on time.
- Be respectful.
- Wear clean and appropriate clothing.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Remove hats.
- Administrative Orders
Spring Hill Municipal Court Members
Judge: The Honorable Michelle DeCicco
Public Defender: Zane Todd
Court Clerk: Dawn Jesberg