Following recent strong storms in Spring Hill that have resulted in downed tree limbs, Spring Hill Public Works will be conducting storm debris pickup on August 3 and 4. To ensure a smooth process, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Preparing your debris for pickup:
- Only natural waste, such as tree branches and leaves, will be collected. Please do not include any garbage.
- Cut the debris into pieces that are 10 feet or shorter.
- Place the debris in a neat pile near the curb to facilitate efficient pickup.
- The debris does not need to be bundled or bagged. However, if you choose to bundle or bag it, please use biodegradable rope, twine, or bags.
- Waste Management allows 8 bags or bundles of yard waste on Friday. If your home's debris falls within WM's yard waste guidelines, you do not need to arrange pickup by Spring Hill Public Works.
- Pickup will occur on August 3 and 4 and may extend to August 5, if necessary.
- If you arranged for pickup but do not have items prepared at the curbside at the time of pickup, your property will be skipped.
How to arrange pickup:
- Residents MUST CALL Spring Hill Public Works at (913) 592-3317 to schedule pickup.
- Speak with a Public Works representative or leave a voice message with your name, address, and phone number.
- Call by 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 3, to be added to the pickup list.
- Avoid using Facebook or email to schedule pickup, as those requests are not guaranteed to be included.
Please note Spring Hill Public Works will begin collecting storm debris on Thursday and Friday and through the weekend if needed. That means your large debris could be curbside along with your Waste Management trash, recycling and yard waste collection items. Please make your debris pile with the following considerations in mind:
- Place debris for Spring Hill Public Works pickup in a separate pile from yard waste you expect WM to collect if you plan to utilize both services. Residents are not required to use the WM yard waste collection service in order to sign up for Public Works pickup.
- Provide space between large storm debris pieces and waste bins to allow space for workers and trucks to perform their services.
By following these guidelines, we can ensure a smooth and efficient debris pickup process while keeping our city clean and safe. Thank you for your cooperation, and if you have any questions or concerns, reach out to Public Works.