Several projects are underway in Spring Hill that may impact you!
At the Jan. 14 City Council meeting, City Engineer Dan Miller provided an update on upcoming 2021 projects.
- 199th and Ridgeview roundabout
- A roundabout at 199th Street and Ridgeview Road is set to be constructed this summer. The project, partially funded by Johnson County’s County Assistance Road System (CARS) program, is a single lane roundabout big enough for tractor trailers with the ability to expand in the future. Construction is expected to begin in May.
- Webster Street rehabilitation
- Webster Street plans to get a facelift this summer. A 2021 CARS project, the existing concrete roadway will be repaired in sections and overlaid with Ultra Thin Bonded Asphalt Surface (UBAS). This project is currently in the design stages with an estimated start date this summer.
- 2020 sewer rehabilitation
- In 2020, the City was awarded a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) through Johnson County to repair and replace sanitary sewer lines. Currently under construction and under budget, this project is expected to wrap up this spring.
- Wastewater Plant updates
- The City’s wastewater treatment plant is currently receiving needed updates. This past summer, the project was bid out to replace aeration and clarification equipment in both basins. The underwater components in each basin had deteriorated to the point of replacement. The new wastewater components will ensure all waste is treated, cleaned and released as fresh water! This project is expected to be complete this summer.