In an abundance of caution, we are closing the playground equipment at all six City parks. All parks remain open for other activities. This closure only affects playgrounds, not the entire park.
Large Item Day
- UPDATE MAY 12: Large Item Day will resume in Spring Hill June 1. If you are Spring Hill resident on the Miami County side, your date is Wednesday, June 3. If you are a Spring Hill resident on the Johnson County side, your date is Wednesday, June 24. Please call Waste Management, (913) 631-3300 at least 48 hours in advance to schedule pickup.
- Original update: Waste Management has informed us they will no longer conduct large item pickups until further notice. Regular trash service, recycling and yard waste are not impacted. If you have questions, please call us at (913) 592-3664.
Johnson County update
On March 19, the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners authorized the following related to the mitigation of the impact of COVID-19 on the community:
- The Board declared a State of Local Disaster Emergency for Johnson County, Kansas
- This board action extends for 60 days Chairman Ed Eilert’s declaration of a State of Disaster Emergency ordered on March 13, which was good for seven days.
- Sitting as the Board of Public Health, the board issued an emergency public health order
- To mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic in Johnson County, this public health order updates the order issued from Dr. LeMaster on March 16 prohibiting public gatherings with more than 10 people until 11:59 p.m. April 2, 2020.
- Be sure to read the full Johnson County news release for more information.